Welcome to the
Perky Penguin Classroom
- The Perky Penguin room is a classroom designed for three year old learners in a preschool and child care setting.
- There are two qualified staff members that work one on one with students. All staff has a minimum of a CDA - Child Development Associate Credential.
- They use the High Scope Curriculum in guiding their instruction. Through High Scope children find out how the world works through their own experience with people, objects, and events, called active learning. Teachers set the stage for learning through a carefully planned environment and consistent daily routine. Children learn to be secure and self-reliant learners. Each child has a daily opportunity to make and carry out a plan and then reflect on what happened; this is called choose - act - reflect.
- The Perky Penguin classroom strives to empower every student to become a life-long learner.
- Staff partners with Oxford Community Schools to give each child a strong foundation to build upon.