Welcome to the
Oxford Preschool Classroom
- The Oxford Preschool Program is a classroom designed for three and four year old learners in a preschool setting.
- There are two qualified staff members that work one on one with students. All staff has either an Associate Degree in Early Childhood or a CDA – Child Development Associate Credential.
- They use the High Scope Curriculum in guiding their instruction. Through High Scope children find out how the world works through their own experience with people, objects, and events, called active learning. Teachers set the stage for learning through a carefully planned environment and consistent daily routine. Children learn to be secure and self-reliant learners. Each child has a daily opportunity to make and carry out a plan and then reflect on what happened; this is called choose - act - reflect.
- This classroom is also included in the International Baccalaureate candidacy. The teachers partner with the staff at Clear Lake and Daniel Axford to make certain that the transition in IB will be seamless.
- The Oxford Pre-school classroom strives to prepare every student to be a lifelong learner.
- Staff partners with Oxford Community Schools to give each child a strong foundation to build upon.